Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Why Do I Blog?

So, I was reading +Ryan J Williams' post "The Purpose Of Blogging" and am compelled to write about my own reasons for blogging. This blog is very young and I'm simply in love with the world of blogging. Here's why:

You Get To Have Your Say

 

My brain workshop
Blogging's my outlet
Photo Credits: Vima
What I post is my say, what you comment is yours and a kaleidoscope of opinions forms. Bloggers and readers from all the various aspects of life (and yeah, timezones too) can interact and a whole new world opens up. I don't know, I just like to hear opinions (I'm the listening kind) and I can spend all day reading blogs, commenting and replying to the comments that some nice folks leave here. I have quite a long blogroll and I'll share it with you people if you want me to.


I'm Heard

Make Yourself Heard
Blogging makes me heard
Photo Credits: Krasimira Nevenova
When it comes to blogging, happiness originates from the views and comments' count (and the sharing one too, but I'm a little shy there). It's so amazing to know that a few hundred people squeeze out a couple of minutes from their busy lives and actually hear me out. The feeling's special. It's like screaming at the top of your lungs and not ending up with a sore throat. When I write something good, I see people appreciating, and when I don't, I still see them encouraging. That's the beauty of it, people are very very appreciating. Maybe it's because bloggers spread the love or something but we're nice people.

I Improve!

 

Improving
I Improve With Blogging
Photo Credits: Michael D Brown
Improvement's inevitable with blogging. When it comes to reading other people's blogs, my opinion, knowledge and information improves, and when it's about writing my own blog posts, my skills improve. I often edit my old posts for mistakes and then I'm like "how could I make that mistake?". See? That's improvement. I still can't believe that I can churn a good 600 words out without feeling the block coming. I've experienced the feeling of trying to reach the 500 word milestone because I started with content and technical writing. Oh, and I use better adjectives too now!

It's a Control Thing

 

My blog's like my child. When it looks messed up, I can stay up nights working out the layout and templates and when it seems outdated, I'm forcing myself to pen something down. I can modify my blog to look exactly as I like (well, not exactly, but then I'm not that skilled) and I can post about whatever I like (I'm still wondering about my niche). I search the web for stuff to improve my layout and mostly it's a trial and error thing for me. I keep on doing it until I stumble upon the right solution. That reminds me, I'm on StumbleUpon too now! To have a blog which I can customize to my own liking is just too good.

Fellow Bloggers and Friends!

 

Yes, I've met a lot of fellow bloggers and have befriended quite a few. I will not write about the pros and cons and all the other stuff about social pals because I've already written it in my previous post here. But yes, I'm still quite confused about all these blogger awards and stuff!

The Blog GuideWell, that's about all. I'll do another post if I think I missed something out. Do check out my archives section here. For a list of all my previous posts click here.

Read about me here or contact me here.

Hope you liked what you read. Don't forget to leave a comment and do share, like, tweet, pin etc. All the tools are underneath and at your left. Thanks :)

9 comments :

  1. Great observation. I think these are the reasons, everyone blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should change the title to "Why Everyone Blogs?" then :D

      Delete
  2. That was a nice post.
    Oh also, I like this new banner better than the old one xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? Thanks :D It's so difficult to decide on a banner! :( How's the trip going?

      Delete
  3. Hi Syed!
    I'm glad you're enjoying blogging so far! I love the new look of your site. Templates, layout, and coding is one of my favorite parts of blogging.

    Thanks for linking up!
    Megan
    theofficialblogguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I've been working on your favorite part these days then :D
      Thanks, stay tuned!

      Delete
  4. Hey Syed !! very nice post !! every blogger can relate and should read this ! follow back on GFC ? :)

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback :)