Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Battle Through Laziness

Cat sleeping on Couch
I love my couch too!
I know it's been long (almost ages) since I last blogged, but I am finally done with all my high school exams and will now be blogging frequently. My exams ended like a month ago and I thought I wouldn't do ANYTHING and just chill out. Before even a week could pass with this new-found resolution, I was dreading to do something. Actually, my emotional state was quite funny at that time. I wanted to do something but at the same time, I didn't want to do anything. You could call it extreme laziness. I even grew tired of being a couch potato! Sure, I watched a lot of anime and movies and TV and all that, but then I started feeling like "Come on! Another movie?? Do they ever end??" I actually wanted all the movies in the world to end so at least I could proudly proclaim that I had watched every movie on this planet! That I could actually proclaim to have done something!

I don't know if it's just me or it happens with all of you (you can always tell me that in the comments section below!), but I yearn to do something! Maybe a day, two days or a week of idleness but then I will definitely become "bored" and crave to do something! An hour ago, I was actually thinking of learning all those SAT vocabulary words that I had skipped in my preparation blitz. And I probably will because I would write better then.

So I got bored of just lying in my bed (it only took a day, though). I got bored of movies and anime. I got bored of devouring every NBA video that I missed due to my exams. I got bored in the kitchen (I only make tea anyway) and yes, I got over my habit of drinking tea because I got bored of making it! What about Facebook, Twitter? Well, I see no point in scrolling over newsfeeds or tweets anyway. I was desperate to do something yet a part of me (more like a large chunk) wanted to lie aimlessly in bed. This situation is very difficult to describe. It's more of a halfhearted laziness and it is more effective at doing it's work. Half of the time is spent deciding on something to do, the other half is spent enumerating all the efforts that must be put in and so why lying in bed is so much better. If I had to compare this state with some other, the best fit would be from my recent read of a Stephen King novel. The main character is an alcoholic and battles drinking every day but eventually succumbs. Maybe this isn't an appropriate comparison but this is all I can think of now.

You might be wondering why I didn't blog if I so yearned to do something. Well, the answer is that I was too lazy to log in, type something and then to publish it. I'd rather yawn and find a bed or a sofa. Being idle took a toll on me. I had terrible mood swings and would get so depressed. In situations like this, I usually go to a room where no one's expected to come much and turn off the lights. I just lie on a sofa or on the carpet and just think and breathe. There is total darkness, no noise and the environment becomes very serene. After sometime, my mood switch turns on and I'm happy to go! What do you think of my method? Try it sometime and leave me a comment below! And by the way, writing helps too, but what I write in such a situation is usually very pessimistic and not worth publishing.

So now that I am over this terrible mood swing and have finally forced myself to post something, I'm good to go! My writer's block should be over soon and I should have some interesting stuff for you to read in near future. So thanks for reading this because I doubt it made much sense, but stay tuned for interesting reads to come!Meanwhile, read some of my short stories or check out my archive.

Adios Amigos!


Hope you liked what you read. Don't forget to leave a comment and do share, like, tweet, pin etc. All the tools are underneath and at your left. Thanks :)


Photo credits: Laziness via photopin (license)

1 comment :

  1. Hi Sindh, you sound like you would be good to retire! At 61 I am in the same kind of mood, not always able to get up and write even though I have heaps of stuff to write about.
    Being between the sitting of exams & the results is always a difficult time. Also people tell you that you are lucky to be young with your whole life ahead, but actually being old is a lot easier - not nearly so much uncertainty and anxiety!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback :)